YMMV: Dolly Parton
- Awesome Music / Heartwarming Moment: "Coat of Many Colors" from Coat Of Many Colors is often considered one of the most sincere, heartfelt country songs of all time. This also explains why it was added to the National Recording Registry.
- Covered Up:
- Even though Parton released it three times, many people still believe that "I Will Always Love You" is a Whitney Houston song. Among them, Dolly herself. She will happily admit if she's "lost" a song, and she says that while she might have wrote it (and had a hit with it herself,) it's now Whitney's song.
- "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You" was first released by Joe Sun.
- And a few country fans think she wrote "Shine"...
- She Really Can Act: A big part of her success comes from looking people expecting her to be a Dumb Blonde only to realize she's actually highly intelligent and a very talented singer and actor.
- Tear Jerker: "Me and Little Andy," "I Will Forever Hate Roses" and "Down From Dover."