- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The scene near the start where Judy daydreams her teddy bear attacking her parents.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The scene where David finally gets what he deserves as Gabriel and Hilary turn him into a Punch doll is awesome on its own, but it's the "The Reason You Suck" Speech that Gabriel gives him as it's happening that makes it even better.
Gabriel: You can destroy as many toys as you like, but you can't get rid of them all. Toys will be here for as long as children want them. They're the heart and soul of childhood. Hilary and I think that the bitterness that people feel as adults can turn to love if they surrender to the good will that toys provide. Some people can be saved. We give everyone a sporting chance. And the others, like you? Well... they have to start over... and play a new role in the big game. And you still don't know what's happening, do you? You silly Mr. Punch...
- Crowning Moment of Funny: During Judy's daydream, after the bear attacks her parents, Judy scolds the bear and the bear just shrugs at her.
- Mr. Punch comes at David with an electric drill during the climax. David stops him by simply unplugging it.
- Moral Event Horizon: Rosemary mistreated Judy, threw away her doll and threatened to hit her. Isabele and Enid planned to rob and strand Ralph after he helped them and as for David try to decide. He covered several kinds of abusive parenting. He neglected his daughter and planned on abandoning her, then graduated to emotional and almost physical abuse and by the end he was nothing more than a raving lunatic who hit her so hard as to leave her unconscious and attempted to murder Ralph without any solid argument that he killed Rosemary.
- The Woobie: Judy. Thankfully, she is no longer this trope by the end of the movie.