- Hilarious in Hindsight: The 2015 Christmas special revealed that by the time of her death in the Library, River had not only already met the Twelfth Doctor, but he was the one who truly returned her love for him, staying with her for twenty-four years on Darillium. It is therefore very possible that, despite not letting on, she already knows at least something of Clara's future. This adds extra humour to her realization that the Doctor had given Clara the impression that River was a man!
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The Whispermen... yikes! Not least because they can easily remind viewers of a certain other blank-faced monster...
- Strax's reversion to his original Sontaran nature was pretty horrifying, considering his normal comedic Boisterous Bruiser persona.
- When the Paternoster Gang are in a dream seance teleconference with Clara and River, and Jenny realizes first that someone is in the house with her while she's unconscious and helpless, and then that she's been murdered.
- Special Effects Failure: In the scenes where Clara is superimposed onto Stock Footage of other Doctors, particularly the really early footage, the modern footage of Clara really sticks out. The footage of the Second Doctor running through the park also is noticeably cut-and-pasted. Averted with the First Doctor sequence, which actually works quite well; it's clear that all the budget went into this scene- which, as it's the most important, was probably the right decision.
- Tear Jerker: A few.
- The Doctor, trying to remain brave for Clara, but clearly wanting to break down and cry (and, indeed, doing so), in their conversation about Trenzalore.
- Vastra when Jenny and Strax are dead. Even though it's fairly obvious they will be restored, Neve McIntosh's performance really sells it.
- And when the Doctor is on the floor of the dead TARDIS, in pain and murmuring "no, don't". *ugly sobbing noises*
- At the time this episode aired it was widely assumed, given Matt Smith was leaving, that this would likely be the final appearance of River Song, giving their final kiss added poignancy.
- Not only does the Doctor die on Trenzalore, but the TARDIS dies with him.
YMMV / Doctor Who S33 E13 "The Name of the Doctor"
WARNING! THERE MAY BE UNMARKED SPOILERS!