YMMV: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Adaptation Displacement: Easily the most popular Puyo Puyo game outside of Japan. Just visit any of the major Puyo Puyo videos on YouTube and see how many point out the similarities between the game in question and Mean Bean Machine.
- Awesome Music: Most of the tracks in the game are great, but the Stage 1-4 theme is particularly catchy.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This games provides a few example of this. This was the AOSTH verison of Dr. Robotnik who starred in this game (and became the Robotnik design used in most of Europe). He is currently well known as one of the most popular characters of YouTube Poop due to his infamous quote, "Snooping as usual, I see". Also Complie, the company who co-developed this game, created and owned the Puyo Puyo franchise until they went bankrupt in 2001 and ended up giving the franchise to Sega, who currently has Sonic Team working on the games. Guess what other franchise Sonic Team owns?
- Also, this wouldn't be the last game in the Sonic franchise based on a cartoon.
- Hell, this wouldn't even be the last time Sonic and Puyo Puyo crossed over (albeit in the form of an officially sanctioned fan-art contest)
- Skweel looks a lot like Patrick Star, even though this game came out 6 years before that show.
- That One Boss: Scratch is the last opponent before Robotnik, and he blatantly admits to cheating during the match.