YMMV: Doctor Dolittle
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Doctor Aybolit, the Russian expy, is very well known, although the best known work about him is an original poem rather than the shortened translations of Lofting's works.
- Values Dissonance: Although a Friend to All Living Things, the Doctor seems to have no trouble with eating sausages, even in front of Gub-Gub the pig. Then again, many real life pigs have no problem eating pork products themselves.
- Averted in the 1967 movie. The Doctor is a vegan, hinting in a song sequence that being able to understand the complaints of Gub-Gub and other animals essentially guilt-tripped him into it.
The 1967 film
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Apparently no one on the film production liked the song "Talk to the Animals," but that is the song that won the Oscar for Best Original Song and since has become the signature music of the whole media property.
- Rhyming with Itself: Kinda. "Talk To The Animals" rhymes "lion" with "sea-lion".