YMMV / Dinosaurs: The Most Complete, Up-to-Date Encyclopedia for Dinosaur Lovers of All Ages
- Awesome Art
- Conspicuous CG: Luis Ray is a tad infamous for his over-reliance on Photoshop, blending real-life scenery and traditional, hand-painted images with digital dinosaurs. In many pics, the skin patterns are obviously just digitally pasted over the various animals. These are very evident when that skin pattern continues outside of their outlines, or when the animals "clips into" the surrounding greenery. Other Photoshop goof-ups, like repeating backgrounds, textures copy-pasted over and over, and random color blotches that the artist forgot to erase also appear in certain images. These take away somewhat from the otherwise commendable art.
- Creator Worship: Being the author of this book and his reputation for being a Cool Teacher in Real Life has earned Holtz some of this.
- Uncanny Valley:
- Almost all the dinosaur reconstructions have cartoonish, bulging eyes and huge, fleshy nostrils. Some even have vaguely human expressions.
- The dinosaur caricatures of Holtz and Rey on the final page could be seen as this.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Another victim of this (if only because of the sheer amount of text).