- Chorus-Only Song: After a manner of speaking. "Don't" consists of five and a half minutes of noise rock and Lou Barlow screaming, "Why don't you like me?!" until he coughed up blood.
- Covered Up: Not exactly, but Dinosaur Jr.'s version of "Just Like Heaven" is well known and well liked. Robert Smith says it's his favorite cover of any of his songs, and that it's influenced the way it's played live.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Lots and lots of songs qualify: "Almost Ready", "Just Like Heaven", "Freak Scene", etc.
- Ear Worm: "Just Like Heaven", "Freak Scene", "Almost Ready", "Keep the Glove", "Cats in a Bowl" and, for Lou Barlow "Rude".
- Epic Riff: "Freak Scene," amongst many others.
- "Sludgefeast", from 1987, still features heavily on the live setlist because, well, it's super epic riff.
- Face of the Band: Mascis, and Barlow for his side project, Sebadoh. Barlow was also the face for the now-defunct The Folk Implosion.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Just as popular, if not more so, in the UK than the US.