YMMV: Dino Riders
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Rulons' base/ship was called Dreadlock. Cool name, until hear more about hairstyles. Were the other ships in the armada named the Cornrow and the Afro?
- Fair for Its Day: Most of the toyline was praised for being so detailed and realistic for the time, that the Smithsonian Institution actually purchased the rights to the molds and sold them as toys in their official Smithsonian gift shops for almost a decade after the Dino Riders franchise had died.
- Inferred Holocaust: Krulos deemed the Valorians as "useless to him", since they are immune to the effect of the Brain Boxes and can't be used as slaves. Only Questar and his crew escape Valoria, meaning that the rest of the planet's population were being exterminated by Rulon's armada... unless with Krulos missing, a civil war erupted within Rulon and that put a hold on the genocide.
- Memetic Mutation: Images of the show are usually added to things like a Fauxtivational Poster with captions like "Holy shit, this is awesome!"
- The Scrappy / Creator's Pet: Llahd and Yungstar.
- What an Idiot: Krulos in the finale. He finally has the STEP crystal and can return to the future, but he decides to remain so he can destroy the Dino-Riders before leaving. It never crossed his mind that he could do both: return to the future to get reinforcements, then go back to the past and destroy the Dino-Riders with the armada.