YMMV: Digimon X-Evolution
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Yggdrasil's motivation for it's actions is unknown, as it did not speak during the final battle.
- This is most likely the reason for the movie ending the way it did. Omegamon X using All Delete on Yggdrasil should have made it impossible for the Digital World to be restored at all. The only way the Digital World could have been restored is if Yggdrasil had already set things up for that to happen upon its demise. The only way it could have set all of that up would be if that was its goal all along, due to I Cannot Self-Terminate. It knew it was corrupting the Digital World, so it set all of this in motion, combining a Xanatos Gambit, a Thanatos Gambit, and a Zero-Approval Gambit into a single master plan. That would also make it quite The Chessmaster, come to think of it. Let's face it, this is the most logical explanation, which leads to massive Fridge Brilliance when you think about how much time and effort it would have taken to set all of this up!
- Indeed. Pehaps the real reason it caused all of this is it was suffering from I Cannot Self-Terminate, and all of this was part of a Thanatos Gambit on its part.
- To elaborate further on the Thanatos Gambit Theory, the reason it needed to destroy itself was because it was being corrupted either by some unknown outside force or the very virus it used to kill certain non-X-Antibodied Digimon in the first place. Thus it knew it was corrupted (hence the creation of the DEX-Dorugamons) and in turn corrupting the new Digital World, thus initiating the Thanatos Gambit mentioned above to solve the crisis.
- Ditto for Omegamon. Hypocrite who hates all X-Antibody Digimon, or Just Following Orders?
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Seeing Omnimon/ Omegamon, the hero of Our War Game (albeit a different one than the one in this movie), destroying and brutalizing defenseless Digimon on Yggdrasil's orders can have this effect on some fans.
- Karma Houdini: Omegamon got off really lightly for everything he did during the first half of the movie.
- Narm: Leomon has a tendency to die in every season by divine rule but this time the death comes out of nowhere in the first minutes.
- The Woobie: Dorumon before he took his level in Badass and became Alphamon.