YMMV: Dig Dug
- Alternative Character Interpretation: According to Sonic For Hire, it seems to view Dig Dug as a psychopath who randomly kills creatures for fun.
- Awesome Music: The original Arrangement and Digging Strike have some catchy tunes, the later even has an unlockable Sound Test!
- Earworm: If you play the original game, chances are that the intro theme and main level music will not leave your head for a good long while.
- First Installment Wins: Dig Dug is a well-known classic. Dig Dug II? Not so much.
- Fridge Horror: The low-resolution graphics and fun nature of the game make it hard to initially notice how horrific a death you are inflicting against your opponents.
- In Dig Dug II, you can kill enemies by jackhammering the ground beneath them so they fall into the water. At the end of the level, any remaining enemies will try to escape by... jumping into the water. Are they committing suicide?
- I Am Not Shazam: Retroactively. Dig Dug actually refers to the events of the game, canonically known in the Dig Dug/Mr. Driller universe as "The Dig Dug Incident". Prior to Mr. Driller G which would be the first time Taizo's name appears in full, he was always called "Dig Dug" in official material.