YMMV: Devil May Cry: The Animated Series
- Awesome Art: Madhouse drawing style fits with he overall style of the games and manga. One can only wonder how Nero, or Vergil'd look like in their style.
- Awesome Music: The OP, "d.m.c", qualifies.
- Broken Base: The portrayal of Dante in TAS is a point of dispute for fans. While some liked it for changing him into someone who was somewhat more realistic while retaining his coolness and badassery, while others felt it made him as being Out of Character.
- It should be noted that, stylish badassery aside, Dante's characterization has never been entirely consistent from game to game. TAS!Dante is basically a more mellow version of his DMC1 self (though not to the extremes of his depiction in the second game), a flippant but surprisingly insightful wisecracker who knew to take things seriously when the time called for it, which might catch those expecting the more jocular Dante of 3 and 4 by surprise.
- Fanon Discontinuity: This anime supposedly takes place between Devil May Cry 1 and 4, despite some problems and the lack of references to this series in 4.
- One of the main points explaining why it is canon is that it depicts how Lady and Trish first met. That is why they seem well acquainted in Devil May Cry 4.
- He Really Can Act: Reuben Langdon (going under the alias "Justin Cause") does an impressive job of voicing this iteration of Dante, which is particularly notable given that, as noted under the Broken Base section, Langdon had not portrayed Dante as he was in first game when he didn't have some the quirks he is known for now.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Throughout the show, Dante is dealing with the difficulty of being in debt. In Dm C Devil May Cry, this is the method by which Mundus, who in that continuity poses as a Morally Bankrupt Banker in his human form, plans on using debt to control the Human World.
- Magnificent Bastard: For what he lacked in strength, Sid definitely made up for in guile by using Dante as an Unwitting Pawn in helping him collect the necessary objects for the ritual to acquire the power of Abigail.