- Crowning Moment of Funny: When Vorelli declares that he loves ham and Hugo immediately calls him a cannibal.
- Designated Hero: Mark English, whose major achievement is getting Marianne into danger to satisfy his obsessive curiosity.
- So Bad, It's Good: Silly as this movie can get, there are a number of good ideas waiting to be seen (including a very nice subversion of Demonic Dummy).
- Squick: Vorelli's back fetish.
- The Woobie: Hugo, and to an extent Magda the Lovely Assistant.
- What an Idiot: So you have vast and fearsome powers over the human mind. You're capable of hypnotizing people to do your will with a mere glance, forcing them to live their darkest nightmares, re-writing their personalities, or even taking their very souls from their bodies — and you use these powers to perform in a stage show? One could argue that Vorelli gets off on being a Devil in Plain Sight and that it's not about material gain, except that the entire movie is about him using his power to get his hands on Marianne's money.
- English's obsession with Vorelli actually put his girlfriend in danger, and honestly gift-wrapped her for the madman's devious plan.