- Acceptable Religious Targets: Every single Christian character in this movie is portrayed in a negative light, whether it's Jam's overbearing bible-thumping mom, the hypocritical headmaster of the religious school who steals from the donation box to pay for his pizza, or the perverted priest who tries to get Jam to confess some steamy sex stories.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The film's soundtrack includes a new KISS song: a syrupy love ballad called "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" which is strange considering that the film is a vulgar comedy and not a love story.
- Fridge Horror: Trip's idiocy may be mild brain damage caused by his mom using psychoactive drugs while she was pregnant with him (Lex mentions near the start of the movie "At least my mom didn't give birth to me while she was on LSD" and Trip corrects him by saying "Shrooms!").
- Retroactive Recognition: The dark-haired disco girl in the Trans-Am is Sloan.
- The Woobie: Jam. His mom makes his life so miserable that it's impossible not to feel sorry for him.