- Crowning Music of Awesome: Possibly the entire point of the music in some demos.
- Especially Second Reality.
- Ear Worm: Catchy music in demos is always welcome.
- It Gets Better: Some demos have pacing problems.
- Most Wonderful Sound:
- Speech synthesis on on very primitive hardware which usually sounds like a hybrid of Microsoft Sam and buzzsaw.
- Surprisingly good quality audio playback through the PC speaker (an output device not really intended for playback of digitised audio).
- True Art Is Angsty: While neon glowing cubes and techno music are the best-known side of the demoscene, there are plenty of demos which are more... demanding on the audience's tastes. Whether it's long, drawn out slow moving scenes or an explosion of white noise, the critical reception will usually be spectacularly polarised - no doubt a result of the demoscene community being evenly split between artists and technology fetishists.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Of course!