YMMV: Deep Impact
- Awesome Music: While the melodrama in the film itself isn't everyone's cup of tea, James Horner's beautifully bittersweet score may have you reaching for the tissues, "Drawing Straws" and "Goodbye and Godspeed" being good examples.
- Critical Research Failure: Just roll with it...
- Harsher in Hindsight: Go on, guess which twin buildings are shown to be the only structures left standing out of the water after the tsunami has drowned New York.
- That scene with the Twin Towers has been edited out of some TV broadcasts of the movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Morgan Freeman gives a Presidential speech about the comet with graphics of the solar system, complete with an analogy between colliding comets and balls bouncing against one another on a pool table. It's exactly like his later role as host of Through The Wormhole.