YMMV: Death Becomes Her
- Awesome Music: Alan Silvestri's wonderfully bitchy Gothic strings. Also the Stylistic Suck of Songbird!
- Genius Bonus: Songbird! is based on Sweet Bird of Youth, which is about a White-Dwarf Starlet - just like Madeline.
- Ham and Cheese: Everyone does show a tendency to ham it up, and it doesn't hurt the slightest.
Helen: En Garde, bitch!Ernest: Can't you see? IT'S A MIRACLE!
- He's Just Hiding: Apparently, Hollywood zombies do this after a while, like Greta Garbo and Jim Morrison.
- Hollywood Homely: Helen in her early scenes.
- One-Scene Wonder: Isabella Rosselini as Lisle has some of the most hysterical moments in the film, despite having the least screentime. And Catherine Bell was her nudity body double.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The movie is about as subtle as a bull in a China shop when it comes to its Aesop about aging, but it's damned effective, too.
- Theiss Titillation Theory: Lisle's necklace.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: It won an Academy Award. While some of the effects may seem a little hokey and rough now, at the time putting a backwards head on a woman and putting a hole right through another was a huge leap.