YMMV: Dave Barry
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "Dave Barry's Guide to Guys" when discussing his fireworks-obsessed mechanic Ed:
"If those radical Muslim fundamentalist terrorists had Ed on their team back in 1992, the World Trade Center would now be referred to as the World Trade Pit."
- In Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need, he tells a story about how he really angered his wife by driving past a roadside attraction that she wanted to see. He jokes that if she ever files for divorce, she'll probably bring that incident up. Years later, they did get divorced.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In a 1990 article about television ratings, he mentioned that if there was a program called "Eat Bugs For Money", everyone would watch it. Cue Fear Factor in 2001.
- Nightmare Fuel: "I'm holding his nose!" from Tricky Business.
- Reverse Funny Aneurysm: "The worsening economy takes center stage in February, when, amid much fanfare, Congress passes, and President Bush signs, an economic stimulus package under which the federal government will give taxpayers back several hundred dollars apiece of their own money, the idea being that they will use this money to revive the U.S. economy by buying TV sets that were made in China. This will seem much more comical in the fall."
- Tear Jerker: His columns on 9/11, which are not funny in the slightest.
- He also wrote a column about seeing his father for the last time before he died. If you've read the column, there's no way your eyes are dry right now.
- His son was once in a pretty serious accident, causing Dave to write about all the times he's felt the horror of wondering if his son was alright. Thankfully, Robert lived and is a healthy adult (and a father himself) today.