This page contains subjective tropes related to the Code Geass fanfic Dauntless.
- Arc Fatigue: Surprising, considering how fast it updates, but it's there.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Averted. Jeremiah's racist nature against the Elevens is not glossed over in the early chapters, as well as his Kick the Dog moments.
- Nor is Cornelia's. The author's goal seems to be showing that while neither of them are totally despicable people, they do and have committed despicable deeds in the past (and are like to do so in the future), something most Fanfiction tends to gloss over. Even Lelouch's personality highlights the fic's Grey and Gray Morality.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Several of the original characters have taken on this status, including Abigail, Lelouch's assistant Edith, and Nina Einstein.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Hilariously, (considering Lelouch x C.C. IS this trope in Code Geass fandom) ironically not for this fic. More and more people find themselves ACTUALLY wanting Lelouch and Abigail (his wife that he can't stand) to be end game for sure. Rarely ever do you hear of an OC that isn't actually the official love interest, that fans want to end up with your main character. Go fig.
- Jerkass Woobie: Abigail, sort of.
- Moral Event Horizon: As in canon, Clovis's ordering the ghetto's massacre is this (though unlike canon, he has the added motivation of wanting to kill Lelouch.)
- There's one infic for Lelouch when he kills over a thousand people during a military campaign, most of whom were refugees. Although he didn't know they were there at the time.
- Chapter 75 has Kenshiki bombing Ashford Academy by using a innocent unsuspecting girl wanting to be like Euphemia(who has recently been revealed to be attending) to plant a bomb there, killing and injuring scores of innocent britannian girls; naturally Lelouch is utterly infuriated at the gall and way it was done(the terrorist in question impersonated Suzaku to smuggle in the bomb, which really offended both Lelouch and Suzaku, as well using the aforementioned clueless girl). This act also sent Euphemia into a sort of breakdown as she was one of the ones injured in the attack, and she knew she unknowingly helped the terrorist kill and cause injury to her schoolmates as well as to try and kill her.
- Nausea Fuel: The description of experiments made on C. C., in chapter 76.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap:
- One of the more rounded and sympathetic portrayals of Nina, who tends to be either ignored or pigeonholed as a Psycho Lesbian and/or one-dimensional bigot in Code Geass fanon.
- Lelouch's wife Abigail attained this status for many readers when more of her character beyond being a Rich Bitch was revealed.
- Some fans admitted that they're finding themselves liking Suzaku again despite hating him in the canon.
- Tear Jerker: Naoto's death.
- Lelouch and Nunnally's goodbye.
- What an Idiot: Done by Kallen to herself for giving herself away and becoming pretty much Lelouch's pawn, all thanks to her hot head.
- The Woobie: Nunnally, oh so very much. Slowly becoming an Iron Woobie.