- Demonic Spiders: Lots of them, including some Shelob-sized beauties.
- Ear Worm: The Darkstone Will Shine
- Good Bad Bugs: Ranged weapons and spells can be used on enemies on the other side of certain types of walls and doors (such as prison-style bars), but they can't attack you in return. This is eliminated if you install any of the patches for the PC version.
- The unpatched PC version also has a truly remarkable way to use the very limited inventory space to generate unlimited gold for your character. Explicit directions can be found on a number of fan sites.
- Nightmare Fuel: Be prepared for a cutscene following the fourth dungeon in which the landscape drastically changes.
- There's also the Village of the Damned, where you can be mauled to death by an entire screen full of poisonous spiders. It takes only seconds.