- Anti-Climax Boss: After two story arcs of building him up as a creepy Lecter-style figure, Calendar Man takes a beating off-panel from Sofia Falcone and the police find him unconscious.
- Contested Sequel: Either it's better than The Long Halloween because the story is better paced and introduces Robin or it's inferior for rehashing the same storyline.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Two-Face escapes from court in broad daylight under Batman's nose with a delicious setup that came out of nowhere.
Two-Face [interrupting questioning]: "What time do you have?"Batman [thinking]: Something's wrong. Two-Face is wearing a watch.Porter, The New District Attorney: "Two o' Clock"Courtroom explodes as Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy come bursting through the floor.Two-Face: I move for a recess.
- Mario Falcone seizing all of Sofia's assets, including her penthouse and her right to use her own family name, and telling her that to her face and from behind the door of her own penthouse.
- Fridge Brilliance: The story once again having the killer strike on holidays, and the exact same ones that occurred in the previous story, may seem overly repetitive and unoriginal. However, when you think about it the Hangman killer was likely intentionally striking on the same days that Holiday did in order to throw suspicion toward Alberto and continue drawing suspicion away from herself.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Mario Falcone's desire to remake his family name into something legitimate became this as several comics before New 52 showed that he ultimately became every bit the criminal his father and sister were.
- Tear Jerker: The conclusion of Mario's role in the story. He really wanted to legitimize the Falcone family, but was thwarted by his sister, and by all the destruction wreaked by the Rogues Gallery. His last appearance in the story is of him burning down the family mansion, and sitting on the front steps with a gut-wrenching expression of defeat. Batman's narration clinches it - "I once believed that the end of the Falcone Organization would come with a broken woman in a wheelchair. I was wrong. It ended with a broken man."