- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Not EXACTLY, as everyone expects Disney characters to sing, but in retrospect. James Bond sings?
- Moment of Awesome: Darby O'Gill's response to opening the door and seeing the aforementioned terrifying Banshee screaming outside? He grabs a turf spade and tries to hit it, chasing it out into the yard even though it doesn't have a physical body. Now that's a Papa Wolf.
- Nightmare Fuel: The damn banshee. When she first appears, she is combing her hair, something the Banshee in Irish legend was said to do when she approaches. And that sound she makes...
King Brian: Once it has been called, it cannot return empty; and it is a power beyond me.
- The Death Coach is also fearsome as we see it riding through the sky on its way to seize its prey. King Brian's warning doesn't help:
- The scene on the hill at night where Darby's horse goes crazy, turns fluorescent glowing colors and attacks him, neighing shrilly all the while and ultimately knocking Darby down a well deserves a very Honorable Mention.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The leprechauns are integrated so seamlessly into the film, after a while you'd think they were real.