- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Gugga accidentally spikes some soup with magic mushrooms. The results include Daníel getting naked in the kitchen and covering himself in jam, Georg wearing a sieve on his head and building a fort with kitchen supplies and Gugga hunting an imaginary raven through the hotel. Next episode, everything is back to normal and nobody ever mentions any of this again.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Gugga wipes the floor with Georg several times.
- When Flemming finally stands up to Georg and tells him exactly what we've all been thinking all along.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Daníel's reaction to Georg's confession in the final episode that he was the one who hit Gugga over the head, not Daníel.
- Ólafur's attempt to sell portable saunas. The zipper on the sauna tent breaks, trapping him inside. It doesn't end well.
- Georg's meltdown when he realises that he misses Ólafur.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In the final episode, when Ólafur tells Daníel that they're best friends.
- Subverted later in the final episode, when Daníel goes to see Ylfa's newborn twins. He cradles them carefully and tenderly in his arms, before looking straight at the camera with a look of mild panic on his face.
- Moral Event Horizon: Georg arguably crosses this several times, most notably when he deals Gugga an ultimately fatal blow over the head and lets a hungover and remorse-stricken Daníel take the blame.
- Squick: Georg has a flashback in which it's revealed that when he was a child, his mother gave him sex education by showing him her own private parts. Squick indeed.
- The Woobie: Each of the three main characters, for various reasons, but especially Daníel. He has to deal with so much, including the devastating fallout from Georg's encounter with Gugga, and does it with such a lost and bemused look on his face, that you just want to hug him and tell him that everything will be all right.