- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Paul gutting the priest who has just skinned Ezequiel alive and almost did the same to him.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Many, but this conversation tops it:
- Uxia: Dagon needs her sacrifice!Paul: Fuck Dagon!Uxia: Yes, and their child will live forever!Paul: But there's a catch. He has to live his life as some kind of half assed fish under the sea!
- Fridge Brilliance: The afforementioned name of the city, Imboca. When roughly translated, means "In Mouth", the same as Innsmouth. For some it doesn't dawn on them till they learn what it means in Spanish.
- Unfortunate Implications: As this review notes,
Seriously, there are three female characters in Dagon, one being inexplicably naked and trying to have sex with the narrator; another, the main character’s girlfriend who is tied to an alter—naked—and stabbed a bunch; and the third, a friend who kills herself after she is raped. Maybe I’m a broken record, but after a while the lack of female characters who don’t have to pick two from the “naked, killed, or raped” bag becomes egregious to a point that even an inattentive viewer should start getting upset. Also, Gordon’s love for violently brutalizing naked women says a lot about how he thinks of them as human beings. That is to say, of course, that he doesn’t.