For the novel:
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: A few, notably the one where the fourth wall started malfunctioning and the Starship Entrancefee sequence.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome
- Izumo, too many times to list here.
- Lani immediately after Izumo is sent to another dimension.
- Alania in Coreng, although this is also a Crowning Moment of Squick.
- Spirit Tsunami XVIII, almost as soon as he arrives. I told you it was set considerably later than the Chaos Chronicles?the name I've taken as my troper name and identity on most sites comes from the original, not from the character in this story.
- Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming: Surprisingly common.
- Deirya and Souya's sisterly bonding in Chapter 48.
- Alania suggesting a "date" with Rin'ku after her near-death experience in Chapter 157.
- But most of all, Alania's conversation with Kisa in Chapter 200.
Kisalia: With all of these couples falling apart right before your eyes, how can you still be so confident in the power of love?
Alania: ...I have Rin'ku. That's all I need.
- Note that Kisa was not officially part of the True Companions at the time, and that this was the first time Alania had admitted her feelings for Rin'ku to anyone else (besides Rin'ku himself).
- Epileptic Trees: Just what is Piru, anyway?
- Hollywood Homely: Acknowledged as such during the Pool Scene:
Sekiya: I look horrible. Maybe if I went off on my own I'd look good, but surrounded by all of you, I look horrible.
- Like You Would Really Do It: If a character survives for one entire season, they're probably not going to be dying, period. Or maybe not...
- Narm: The end of the Shadow Executive arc.
- Squick: The ending to the Super-CEO saga. Possibly even Nightmare Fuel, but absurd to be sure. Also, Hoshimaru's attacks. And in story, the nameless grunts from the same saga.
- Toy Ship: Tillli and Tomai.
- Wangst: Happens quite a bit, but oddly enough, Oroko ends up being the worst offender.
For the band:
- Signature Song: "Things Can Only Get Better"