YMMV: DM of the Rings
- Cliché Storm: Even the tropes that weren't made by the books become RPG cliches in the hands of the DM.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: It's rare but just about any time the group manages to outsmart the DM through cleverness.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Just about any strip, but notably:
DM: The walls crack open, and thousands of skulls are unleashed!
Gimli: I'll bet this was a robust culture. Imagine their funerals. "Oops. Granny's dead, let's lop off her head and chuck it into the big bin to be dropped on adventurers."
DM: The skulls continue to pour in, filling the room and threatening to crush your nitpicking, over-analyzing characters.
Boromir: This is the first time in the whole campaign I've felt really free to make my own choices. I kinda like it.DM: But you're dead!Boromir: And you can't force me to do anything!DM: And decomposing!Boromir: Of my own free will!DM: Okay, suddenly Lord Elrond shows up at your camp.Elrond: (with a completely serious face) Hi.DM: He gives you the sword.Elrond: Here is the sword. And keep your hands off my daughter.DM: Then he leaves.
- Also, Aragorn's brilliant military leadership.
- Boromir, completely fed up with the railroading, decides to die and leave the game and gives this gem:
- Just Here for Godzilla: With the exception of Gimli, none of the players give a damn about the story. And even Gimli loses his patience with the horrible pacing and railroading (don't tell The Roleplayer how his character feels.)
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Enforced and lampshaded in this strip. The author notes how there are a lot of good jokes that can be pulled in this scene, but the NazgŻl and …owyn are NPCs played by the DM, who take it very seriously.