- Cant Unhear It: Even though Will Ferrell is the original voice of Ted, Jeff Bennett is often thought of as the definitive voice for the character due to how many times he voiced him. This also applies to Frank Welker as George, since he voiced him in all projects.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Specifically Swedes (got his own adaptation there), Japanese and Australians (both for the TV series).
The television series
- Accidental Innuendo:
- "George and Jumpy played nut hockey until the sun went down."
- "George had to find a way to help the Chef with his weed problem."
The book series
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Some Moral Guardians have been critical of letting children read the Curious George books; they feel that George usually gets off easy or with no punishment at all. This is alleged to give kids an unrealistic view of actions and consequences.
- Awesome Music: The original Curious George film has an exceptional soundtrack by Jack Johnson that at one point was #1 on the Billboard 200 and is arguably better-remembered than the film itself. A couple of the most notable tracks are the dreamy, mellow "Upside Down" and the catchy "People Watching."