- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Specifically Swedes (got his own adaptation there), Japanese and Australians (both for the TV series).
The television series
- Accidental Innuendo:
- "George and Jumpy played nut hockey until the sun went down."
- "George had to find a way to help the Chef with his weed problem."
The book series
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Some Moral Guardians have been critical of letting children read the Curious George books; they feel that George usually gets off easy or with no punishment at all. This is alleged to give kids an unrealistic view of actions and consequences.
- Awesome Music: The original Curious George film has an exceptional soundtrack by Jack Johnson that at one point was #1 on the Billboard 200. A couple of the most notable tracks are the dreamy, mellow "Upside Down" and the catchy "People Watching."
- Sequelitis: The original film has gorgeous watercolor-style art and a nice soundtrack. The direct-to-video sequels resemble the cartoon more than the film. The plots are a bit more of a mixed bag, though they do seem to retain at least some of the spirit of the original film. For what it's worth, both sequels have reviewed very well at Amazon, and the third film actually does better than the second.