YMMV: Cromartie High School
- Crazy Awesome: Pretty much everything Freddie and Gorilla do.
- Mechazawa from time to time - especially when he gets turned into a motorcycle.
- Ear Worm: The opening.
- Fridge Brilliance:
- The English title of the humming song is "I'm Human", which explains why Mechazawa likes it so much.
- Kamiyama failing to notice Takenouchi, the largest human character in the cast, and ending up sitting on his lap as a result. This scene is like any other Out-of-Character Moment Played for Laughs until you notice that Kamiyama has his eyes closed for most of the scene. Kamiyama is the smartest member of the cast, so the scene may be a Deconstructive Parody of Eyes Always Shut, a trope often applied to wise characters.
- Fridge Logic: Wait, why is Yamaguchi's first name (Noboru) written in katakana if there is a kanji symbol for it?
- Genius Bonus: When Mechazawa is feeling depressed over a girl and expresses he wants to start over, the book he is reading is by Goethe (the author of The Sorrows of Young Werther).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the manga, there's a story that focuses on Ara-chan, a white seal that the characters found in the Arakawa river. The author included Ara in the strip because he felt disgust over Tama-chan's story... and found it amusing to hear that a real seal was found in Arakawa later.
- Memetic Mutation: It's become a running joke that every time anything Mechazawa related appears, people will post comments jokingly expressing confusion about there being something peculiar about that delinquent...
- Moral Event Horizon: Before the series proper, Kamiyama did something unbelievably evil involving dominoes, stunning even his hard-assed new classmates. Read the manga to find out what!
Those who have the manga know that in Junior High, Kamiyama was enlisted along with other students to assemble dominoes in a World Record-breaking event. After a month's work, however, Kamiyama got irritated enough that he decided to ruin the event! How? The record broken was 37,041 dominoes toppled. Kamiyama glued the 37,042nd domino to the ground so it wouldn't fall over. Cue stunned hard-assed classmates.
- Padding: Whenever Kamiyama is confronted by authority while riding motorbike Mechazawa, there is a montage of moments from the current and previous episodes. The background music is awesome but it still looks like you're waiting for the punchline — which is odd considering all episodes are around 12 minutes, rounding up and including intro and outro music.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: Like Azumanga Daioh on even more crack. LOTS of crack.
- And GAR!!