The Smallville fan-fiction
- Alternative Character Interpretation: This version of Kal is less like a Jerkass and more like pure evil.
- Moral Event Horizon: Kal shoots past it faster than a speeding bullet by raping Chloe.
- Nightmare Fuel: Unlike most other fan fiction, the sex scene is everything but arousing. To call it disturbing would be the Understatement of the year.
- The Woobie: Chloe Sullivan.
The TV Series
- Moral Event Horizon: Anti-Villain he might be, but Francis Gibson kidnapping children and using them as leverage is pretty bad. If you can somehow forgive him for that, remember that one of the hostages is his own daughter.
- What's worse, he's perfectly willing to let her get roughed up in order to cover up the fact that he's leading the whole thing.
- Any possible sympathy you feel for Gibson is destroyed when he executes Jin.
- Nightmare Fuel: The kidnappers bring Thayer into their base, intending to use him as a living weapon against Widener. It goes horribly, horribly wrong.
- The Woobie: Anton Roth, even after being rescued. He tried his best to not be a woobie by helping Special Agents Dunn & Finley.
- The commandos drugged up and forced to act as a black ops death squad for Widener.