YMMV: Criminally Insane
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment
- As the film switches between normal colorization and psychedelic, Ethel hacks up a legless mannequin with a meat cleaver, which is intercut with random shots of a cemetery, then a scene of Ethel dressed all in red running down a path.
- Almost everything Greg does in the sequel.
- Idiot Plot: The police are incredibly inept in checking who did the murders, not even looking for fingerprints or interrogating the inmates properly and Hope is ignorant of the possibility that one of her inmates could have committed the murders.
- Memetic Mutation: Thanks to Best of the Worst:
Ethel: You give me those pretzels, granny!Hope: I will not.
- Padding: That... dream sequence, or whatever the heck it was supposed to be, and nearly goddamn everything in the second film. Special mention goes to the orderly who spends his time putting dog food on plates.
- Sequelitis: Crazy Fat Ethel II is a serious downgrade from the first film in every possible way.
- Special Effects Failure
- The blood in both films appear to be red paint.
- Edgar's death in the sequel is so inept, it's almost hilarious. All the knives Ethel sticks in his back slant to the right.
- Squick: The rotting bodies and Rosalie drinking from a beer can that had a cigarette lying on it.
- They Just Didn't Care: The sequel. Best summed up by Hope Bartholomew speaking into a telephone receiver that isn't even attached to anything.