Tear Jerker: Dead Bart. Especially if you lost a young friend or relative.
- The same goes for "Doors" and "Jessica."
- Jeff the Killer's origin story may qualify, as well. He may be insane and murderous, but remember: he's human, and if the story is any indication, he's just a kid. Think about it. All of that happened to a child.
- "The Medic". After an Allied mortar bombardment, a Nazi medic who has run out of supplies doctors his wounded men by using his skin for bandages and his own blood for blood transfusions, then dies. However, this being late-WWII Nazi Germany, every man in the company is KIA within a month.
- Experiment 84-B. You'll never feel the same way about the Slenderman again.
- A lot of the theories for famous cartoons, which usually either have a character in a coma or hallucinating all the events, or the creator made the show off of someone who died.
- Squidward's Suicide may be horrifying, but it can also make you feel horrible for poor Squidward as well as the mutilated corpses of children later on in the story.
- Laughing Jack. Laughing Jack is a entity who horrifically kills children, and at the end of the story, he mutilates the narrator's child (who was still alive afterwards) and the titular Jack tricks the mother into killing her son, which results in her getting institutionalized. The prequel, The Origin of Laughing Jack is pretty heart wrenching as well. It turns out he was a cosmic entity sent by a guardian angel to be friends with a lonely boy named Issac, and was to adapt with Issac's personality. After accidentally killing the neighbors cat, Issac was sent to a boarding school, but promises to reunite with Jack one day. Jack spent years waiting for Issac, who had forgetting him, and in additional becoming a Serial Killer. When Issac and Jack reunite, in a combination of resentment, and adapting to Issac's new love for violence, Jack tortures Issac before killing him. And when it finally ends...
As his life bled out on that cold wooden bed, Isaac’s life flashed before his eyes. He saw his mother, his father, the boarding school, his victims, and the last thought that fluttered through his mind, was of that very special Christmas where he woke up to find the beautifully hand carved wooden box that contained his very first friend... There are rumors that when the police finally found Isaac Grossman’s rotten maggot infested corpse weeks later on Christmas Eve, that even though his face had been bashed and torn to bits… He almost looked... Happy.
- The Sandman is equal parts Nightmare Fuel and this.
- The story Play With Me is depressing too. It's about a girl named Sally who is molested by her uncle, and the fact her parents pass it of as a nightmare, does nothing to stop her uncle from abducting, raping and killing her. What else is Sally's ghost doesn't become evil as a result, just a hurt ghost of a innocent little girl.
- Cure For Cancer is a truly twisted love story that is equal parts reprehensible and heartbreaking.
- This creepypasta involving Wally from Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire is really sad. It shows the tragic results of what would happen if Wally wasn't completely over his respiratory issues by the time you meet him in Victory Road...