- Anvilicious: Scott Stapp isn't exactly known to be a master of subtlety, but even compensating for that, "In America" is still incredibly blunt.
- Awesome Music: "Torn" "What If" "Young Grow Old" "Bullets" and "Overcome" just to name a few.
- Deader Than Disco: The backlash began right around the time they broke up and hasn't slowed down since; Today it is almost a social taboo to say that you are a Creed fan and just about everyone is ashamed of the Creed album they owned circa 2000. In 2013, readers of Rolling Stone magazine voted them as the worst band of the 1990s by such a wide margin the editors claimed the competition, "Wasn't even close", with much maligned Nickelback coming in a distant second. When Creed got back together and released Full Circle in 2009, it was slammed by critics and was a commercial failure, barely going gold. The subsequent concert tour didn't fare much better.
- In 2001, in a negative review of Weathered, Allmusic called it "just another Creed album".
- Face of the Band: Scott Stapp.
- Snark Bait: Nowadays, they're second only to Nickelback as the rock band most used as a joke on the internet.
- They Copied It, So It Sucks: A third or so of the hate for them originates from how much they copy Pearl Jam.