YMMV: Create A Pokemon Anime Style Battling
This page contains a list of all the subjective tropes in CAP ASB and its several roleplays.
open/close all folders
The following YMMV Tropes apply to ASB in general:
- Game Breaker: Several. The following examples have been patched.
- When ASB first started, Perish Song was removed by U-Turn and Volt Switch. This made it exceedingly easy for C$FP to take down all the enemies in the ASB version of the Battle Hall using a Kitsunoh with both Perish Song and U-Turn. Now, U-Turn does not remove Perish Song if the U-Turner is the user or any of the user's allies.
- Sheer Force Cyclohm. Cyclohm now has Overcoat instead of Sheer Force.
- Due to traits always functioning in battles regardless of ability clauses, and levitate being given to many Pokémon based on wings or anime precident, Klinklang had four abilities in one ability battles: Plus, Minus, Clear Body, and Levitate. This was changed when an ability overhaul took place, removing trait status from Plus and Minus, and removing Levitate from those who do not have the ability (but giving the Levitate command instead).
- In the past, Pokémon gave extra Currency Counters to its owner if its movepool was completed. However, with few exceptions, the standard bonus was 5, where a Klinklang with about 40 moves would give the same bonus as a Lucario, who has over a hundred moves. An easy trick to gain a lot of Currency Counters fast was to gain a Pokémon with a small movepool and complete it. Again, this was changed where Pokémon give extra Currency Counters based on their movepool size if completed. At the time this change was implemented, Klinklang gave its trainer 3, while Lucario gave its trainer 6.
- The Dreaded/Terror Hero: Dogfish44, Engineer Pikachu, and Its_A_Random. All three are strong players in CAP ASB, and many are of the opinion that they stand little chance on 'even' battles. This is brought Up to Eleven when they are refereeing the role-play The Legend Run.
- The Scrappy: According to Geodude6, himself.
ASB Raid Zone
The following YMMV Tropes apply to the ASB Raid Zone:
- Goddamned Boss: The Aerodactyl encounter in the ASB Raid Zone is very much this. Aerodactyl's specials revolve around screwing around with the players as much as possible with Wing Buffet and Deafening Screech. The former deals lots of damage and halving threat (bad for the tank). The latter is used at certain intervals, forcing half the team to use really cheap moves for three rounds and making the players to take the match very slowly so as to not have the whole team affected. Taking the encounter slowly also means it gets more chances to annoy you, even with just normal attacks.
- It gets even worse on Hard Mode. In addition to Deafening Screech, its Wing Buffet hits three Pokémon at a time, making tanking incredibly hard. Even worse, it gets Sonic Lance which deals extreme damage to three Pokémon and causes confusion which will annoy the players to hell and back. You better have Pokémon with Soundproof in your disposal.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: The Ho-Oh/Lugia encounter in Eye of the Storm. This raid is hard enough to be challenging for first time raiders and the threat of dealing with two Olympus Mons that hit like trucks will give even well built teams difficulties. The duo is even more of this on Hard Mode with rifts that gradually eat away at your team fast. Unless you outgear the raid, expect to have your work cut out on this raid.