YMMV: Crazy Heart
- Adaptation Displacement: The novel was out of print for years until the film came out, at which point it was put back into print with a brand new cover.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In the end, Tommy dedicating his performance of "The Weary Kind" to Blake.
- Before that, when Blake is opening for Tommy with "Fallin' and Flyin'" and Tommy come out to duet with him. At first, seems like a real jerk, stealing-the-spotlight...until you notice in the instrumental break when Tommy is urging the crowd to cheer Blake on, and he's just trying to relive the old days of student-and-teacher. Tommy even tells the crowd that Blake was the man he learned everything from, and to applaud him again.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "The Weary Kind."
- WTH, Casting Agency?: The casting of the very Irish Colin Farrell as a Texan country star raised a few eyebrows. Once the movie came out, though, he was generally considered a One-Scene Wonder.