- Awesome Music: Lots. Just listen to the main theme!
- Memetic Mutation. "Skills for kills, agent. Skills for kills."
- Moral Event Horizon: While many characters end up crossing the line, none go further than Catalina Thorne - at least, according to the Agency's propaganda, which is actually completely false. Collecting all the audio logs reveals that Catalina is actually one of the most outright heroic characters in the series thus far.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Director tends to repeat a lot of inane things.
[Player stands on a 3-storey towerblock.] "Take a look at that view, Agent."[Player gets an achievement.] "You <insert remarkable action here>, that's worth an achievement!"
- Most Wonderful Sound: The sweet sound of touching an orb.
- Sequelitis: Okay, so Crackdown 2 was nearly identical to its predecessor, but it left out a few tiny details that are missed. The city is less-pretty now due to damage and a different rendering engine. There are no cool briefing videos on local targets in the area. Worst of all, Agency vehicles do not transform when you get into them!
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: You're out to clean up the city, but you're first going to spend a long time leaping around looking for green orbs.
- Hop into the back of a pickup truck as it begins to cross a bridge. Shoot the tires out of passing vehicles with a sniper rifle, trying to get them to swerve off the side of the bridge. When the pickup reaches the end of the bridge, hop out and catch a truck heading in the opposite direction. Repeat until out of ammo.
- That One Sidequest: Races are this if one attempts to do them before leveling up driving skill. Poor handling can result in players crashing a lot and hitting pedestrians, which will lower the skills points obtained so far.