YMMV: Count Cain
- Foe Yay: Cain and Jizabel.
- Ho Yay: Cain and Riff, most obviously, along with Jizabel and Cassian... and Cassandra. There's also some between Oscar and Cain, but that's mostly played for laughs.
- Hollywood Homely: Drew in the Scold's Bridle story arc is supposed to be unattractive, which in the art style's terms translates to red hair, glasses and a slightly curvier build than the other female characters.
- Magnificent Bastard: Cain, Alexis, and ultimately, Augusta.
- Nightmare Fuel: The sheer creepiness of how all the gory murders Cain investigates follow nursery rhymes that are already rather disturbing. Then, there's this.
- Tear Jerker: Everywhere, especially the last three volumes.