YMMV: Cooking Mama
- Memetic Mutation: No, no, no! Please don't shake the baby!
- Nightmare Fuel: Mama whenever you fail at a task. "Don't worry. Mama will fix it."
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: PETA protested this game. It was kind of a niche game prior to that.
- So Bad, It's Good: Not the games, but DEFINITELY the voice acting. Cooking Mama's voice is a Japanese person trying to speak English while adding an Italian twang... it gets some crazy results. ("I'll help you" sounds more like "Ahl-hev-buh-you", "Wonderful" sounds more like "Vundaherbuhl", etc.)
- Averted in the European Spanish dub of Cooking Mama 3, since they bothered to find a good voice actress who speaks Spanish well, and sounding cuter to boot.
- Also averted in the UK, where she has an English accent.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: When Mama speaks in anything that isn't bad, broken English, this is how fans react.