- Awesome Music: Pretty much all of Jane Doe, but especially the title track.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Of all the Metalcore bands out there, Converge is one of the few that metalheads generally respect.
- Growing the Beard: While never a bad band, they really seemed to find their feet after hiring drummer Ben Koller: it's no coincidence that the first album he played on, Jane Doe, is universally considered to be their best.
- Hell Is That Noise: Phoenix In Flames. Sweet dreams.
- Magnum Opus: Jane Doe is generally agreed to be their greatest moment. Others would make the argument with Axe to Fall and All We Love We Leave Behind.
- Nightmare Fuel: Jacob Bannon's visual art may come off as this to some.
Bleeding softlyIt's late and my ears can't listenand there is no one to lift me to my feetBut still I dream of youtwisting and contorting beneath a garbage bag veil
- Some of Jacob's earlier lyrics are more than a little creepy. From "Year of the Swine":
- 3 words: PHOENIX IN FLAMES.
- The video for "Axe To Fall" Enjoy!
- Tough Act to Follow: It's pretty much a given that any album they release will be compared with Jane Doe.
- Axe to Fall and All We Love We Leave Behind however seem to be aversions, as fans usually rank it next or even higher than Jane Doe.
- Wangst: A common criticism of Jacob Bannon's lyrics, which is why it's convenient that no one can understand his vocals anyway.