- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The game forces you to choose to work for Colonel James, an extremist who deceives you into helping her get revenge on Kane and fighting your fellow GDI soldiers, and Kane, who is working to save the planet but for his own selfish reasons. With no sympathetic sides to the conflict, there is hardly anyone worth rooting for. The crappy ending is just the icing on the cake.
- Fan-Disliked Explanation: Almost everything given about Kane, most of which only raise further questions. The icing on the cake being that it turned his master plan was to leave Earth. That makes his wars with GDI seem utterly pointless given his goals never required defeating them, and when it came down to it, he actually needed their help.
- Goddamned Bats: Spanners, dear God! They are small, flying repair craft that cost few points. Even though they are completely unarmed, they become absolutely horrendous when in large numbers, since they can nearly instantly repair any damage you deal to them or any enemies around them unless you have a large number of units that beat them on the Tactical Rock-Paper-Scissors. The Nod Scalpel also counts.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: C&C 4 features no base building, no resource gathering, no sidebar, no Scrin, and a population cap, so it's kinda understandable why long-time fans are upset.
- Imagine your response if an iconic RPG series like Final Fantasy had one final game, and the last game was a first person shooter. Betrayal does not begin to cover it.
- Older Than They Think: Though the console ports of Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath all had population caps long before C&C4 did.
- Special Effects Failure: The purple portal that Kane walk into where he "ascends" looked like someone drew it on a whiteboard with a purple pen.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: What Happened to the Scrin?
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: You really feel sorry for Joseph Kucan who played the eponymous Kane for one last time in what's supposed the Grand Finale for the Tiberium Saga given the poor critical and fan reception of the game.
YMMV / Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
YMMV page for the overall series: