YMMV page for the overall series:
- Contested Sequel: They Changed It, Now It Sucks affects it badly; the battle and build pillars of the saga are gone; namely tiberium and base management. Very limited gameplay freedom. Even the plot feels kind of weak: three and a half games building up to Kane just leaving, and that's it?
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: C&C 4 features no base building, no resource gathering, no sidebar, no Scrin, and a population cap, so it's kinda understandable why long-time fans are upset.
- Imagine your response if an iconic RPG series like Final Fantasy had one final game, and the last game was a first person shooter. Betrayal does not begin to cover it.
- Older Than They Think: Though the console ports of Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath all had population caps long before C&C4 did.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: What Happened to the Scrin?