- Contested Sequel: They Changed It, Now It Sucks affects it badly; the battle and build pillars of the saga are gone; namely tiberium and base management. Very limited gameplay freedom. Even the plot feels kind of weak: three and a half games building up to Kane just leaving, and that's it?
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: C&C 4 features no base building, no resource gathering, no sidebar, no Scrin, and a population cap, so it's kinda understandable why long-time fans are upset.
- Imagine your response if an iconic RPG series like Final Fantasy had one final game, and the last game was a first person shooter. Betrayal does not begin to cover it.
- Older Than They Think: Though the console ports of Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath all had population caps long before C&C4 did.
- Special Effects Failure: The purple portal that Kane walk into where he "ascends" looked like someone drew it on a whiteboard with a purple pen.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: What Happened to the Scrin?
- Took The Bad Video Game Seriously: You really feel sorry for Joseph Kucan who played the eponymous Kane for one last time in what's supposed the Grand Finale for the Tiberium Saga given the poor critical and fan reception of the game.
YMMV / Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
YMMV page for the overall series: