YMMV: Command & Conquer: Renegade
YMMV page for the overall series:
- Demonic Spiders: Renegade is a game best described as consisting of almost nothing but these. The only mooks who aren't incredibly dangerous, heavily-armored soldiers who can kill you in seconds are the basic Nod infantry (who disappear after the fourth mission), the technicians, and the engineers.
- Good Bad Bugs: Havoc can reload his weapons even when their magazines are full. Nothing useful, but entertaining and rather unique, as it's practically unheard of in video games.
- Nightmare Retardant: In the last mission, the catacombs beneath the Temple of Nod (filled with skulls, Tiberium mutants, and a green fog) can feel a bit creepy. Until you hear the radio announcer of the Temple saying: "Attention. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".
- That One Level: "All Brains, No Brawn". An Escort Mission involving a stupid AI who moves only along specific waypoints when Havoc reaches specific places (understand: "seems to randomly run from far behind Havoc to far in front of him") and then uses his weapon against Nod troops. Even if the waypoint places him in point blank range from the enemies. On top of that, two third of the encountered enemies are Tiberium mutants (who only drop ammunitions for weapons they are immunized against), an a great part of the other ones are stealth Nod troopers (the ones that are mostly invisible unless they start shooting). Oh, and for more frustration, the area is a Remixed Level of the previous mission with a lot more ceiling guns than before.
- To be fair, this level has two advantages: First, it is quite short. Second, the escorted character is Made of Iron to the point that letting him run ahead to draw all the enemy fire is a perfectly valid tactic.
- Also, if you're lucky you can leave him stuck behind a door or waiting for an elevator, clear out the level yourself, and then go back and get him.