- Arc Fatigue: "Fairy Tale" takes five chapters to tell how Spooky ended up in the Fey Realm. Even the author was getting frustrated with how long it was taking.
- Bi the Way: Ruby, at one time. Judging by muttered remarks after turning down a flirtatious Mercy, she didn't stay that way.
Ruby: Experiment a few times and you never hear the end of it.
- Creator Backlash: The fox pixie character of Merrybell in the prologue storyline proved more popular than anticipated, to the annoyance of the creators.
- Moral Event Horizon: Astorian nobility considers any without magic to be no more than slaves. They purposely cause ships and planes to crash into their island, so that they can enslave their passengers. They also kidnapped and enslaved the entirety of the first British embassy and plenty more from the second and third.
- Les Yay: Agent Doodle and Lady Gadel.