YMMV: Cirque du Soleil
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: If you actually try to focus on the plots of the shows that seem to have one, then almost every performance is one big-lipped alligator moment after another.
- Come for the X, Stay for the Y - The surreally-staged acrobatics are what the ads emphasize, and rightly so, but the music, comedy, and characterizations provide much of the shows' repeat value.
- Genre Turning Point - The company for circus in general, Mystere (in tandem with Siegfried and Roy's show at the Mirage) for Las Vegas entertainment.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff - Cirque is popular enough in Japan that the Kaleido Stage is clearly inspired by it, and with ZED, it became one of only two countries outside of the U.S. to get a resident show (its closure was only because the earthquake/tsunami of 2011 caused a decline in tourism and thus audiences). This dates back to the 1992 Japan-only tour Fascination.
- Magnum Opus - "O" for the company as a whole; Alegria is a worthy runner-up and holds this position among the tours.
- Signature Song - "Alegria".
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs? - A perfect example of this trope.