YMMV: Choujin Sentai Jetman
- Awesome Music: The theme song.
- Base Breaker: Despite Gai being a fan favorite, there are some who found his entitled behavior towards Kaori annoying.
- Kaori herself is also subject to this, either a decent White Ranger or just a Satellite Love Interest.
- Crazy Awesome: Raita's crossdressing.
- Complete Monster: Back Dimensional Count Radiguet is a sadistic Ax-Crazy genocidal maniac with megalomaniacal fantasies of ruling the Vyram under an iron-fisted dictatorship. Even when Juza, his boss and the true Big Bad, arrived he planned to overthrow her but that failed. Afterwards when it looked like he would become good because of a sick girl (who became his Morality Pet while he had amnesia) whom he cured unknowingly he spurned her offer to turn good by killing her. All because she believed he could feel love. He's also the one who brainwashed Rie into being Maria for no other reason For the Evulz. His most repulsive Kick the Dog moment was when he killed her after she snapped back to being Rie, solely for spiting on Ryu so he doesn't get to be with the girl he's trying to save throughout the whole series. There's also the part where he tortured Tranza until he became insane and was left at the door of an asylum.
- Ear Worm: "Jetto, jetto, jettoman!"
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The ramencup monster the only real memorable Monster of the Week.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Cheating is okay. From the episode where Gai and Gray are playing roulette to resolve a fight and Gai has Tetra Boy pick up the building and tilt it so he wins.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Some still prefer Gai with Kaori as opposed to Ryu with Kaori.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: One of the episodes is titled "Gai Dies!". He came back after that. Guess what REALLY happened to him in the ending.
- Epileptic Trees: Lots of them, especially on theories that support that Gai is not dead from that one stab. Or how Radiguet actually survived, left permanently powerless as a human, and then became the thug that stabbed Gai.
- He's Just Hiding: Some people still believe that after surviving the battles and explosions against Vyrams, one thug's mere stab isn't enough to kill Gai.
- If you take the events of "Super Sentai World" as canon, he is still alive...Though it could also be taken that Super Sentai World takes place before Ryu and Kaori get married, thus Gai would get stabbed soon.
- Back from the Dead: Apparently still made it alive in order to participate in Legends War. And he returns for real in future episodes...except that it's his ghost, he's really dead.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Gai, the Joe Expy is a smoker. Well, in the now aborted Gatchaman film by Imagi, early concept art of the characters included Joe smoking.
- In the 2013 Gatchaman movie, the actor who played Shinken Red will also play as Ken the Eagle, whom in turn is the inspiration for Red Hawk.
- Ho Yay: Especially early on, between Ryuu and Gai.
Ryuu: Behave yourself, Gai. I'll date you.
Gai: Why can't I get that guy out of my head!?
- Jerkass Dissonance: In one episode while the group is out shopping, Gai decides to grab Kaori by the arm, drag her away from the others against her will, shove her into an elevator to isolate her from everyone else, and then invade her personal space as he demands to know why she doesn't love him instead of Ryu. Despite this and many more actions like this, he is one of the most popular characters in the whole of the Super Sentai franchise.
- Jerkass Woobie: The Neo Jetmen. They initially appear to be arrogant jerks, but quickly move into The Woobie territory when it's made clear how horrible their boss is and that he views them as nothing more than replaceable tools.
- Love to Hate: Radiguet.
- Moral Event Horizon: Episode 18, for Radiguet. He loses his memory of being a Vyram after being banished by Juza, and is found by a girl who falls in love with him. The girl is terminally sick and has been diagnosed with only six months to live. Radiguet, realizing he has supernatural powers and starting to fall in love with her too, manages to cure her. However, after stumbling upon Juza fighting the Jetmen, he remembers who he is, and wanting revenge, he helps the Jetmen kill Juza. Later, the girl, having witnessed his transformation, tries to persuade him to abandon his evil ways, saying that he must have some good in him since he cured her. He ignores her pleas and kills her.
- He crosses it again in Episode 49. He kills Maria, after reverting to Rie, in front of Ryū...but not as a punishment for traitors, but just so Ryū won't get the girl he's after.
- No Problem with Licensed Games: The Jetman game for the Famicom is considerably decent by licensed games standards, if a bit shallow. The developers, Natsume (of Harvest Moon fame) went on to develop the all of the Power Rangers games for the SNES (including the Gekisou Sentai Carranger game for the SuFami Turbo Super Famicom add-on), as well as some of the later Game Boy Color/Advance ones.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: The type 5 Love Triangle between Gai, Kaori, and Ryu takes up a huge chunk of screen time in the first half of the series.
- Spiritual Licensee: See Shout-Out in the main page.
- Squick: Crystals growing out of the victims' bodies. Graphically. Ick.
- Strangled by the Red String: Ryu and Kaori get married at the very end of the series, despite Ryu spending the whole series pining after Rie and Kaori spending the second half of the series with Gai. The wedding takes place two years after the battles with Vyram are over, so there must have been great development during those two years we never got to see. Still pretty odd, and could have been handled better.
- Too Cool to Live: Gai.
- What an Idiot: When Tranza built and deployed his enormous robot, Veronica, it was clear that the Jetmen didn't stand a chance against it. Then, for some inexplicable reason, Radiguet decides that the best time to betray Tranza is just before Veronica lands the killing blow, allowing the Jetmen to survive and ultimately destroy the robot. If Radiguet had waited for the Jetmen to be killed and then betrayed Tranza immediately afterward, he would have achieved his goal of becoming leader of the Vyram and conquering earth.