YMMV: Chip Cheezum
- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Naked Snake is a Hulk-Speaking jungle man who muses that "babies make a lot of noise" and one could be thrown to distract a guard.
- 50 Cent is a foul-mouthed treasure hunter/demigod who can take an RPG to the chest without even flinching, and transports unwitting victims to the "Fiddy Zone".
- Anwar is 50 Cent's biggest fan who ends up in an internal struggle when Wilder forces him to try and kill his idol (though at that point in the game Chip and Ironicus seem to have confused him with Amal, who actually does call himself 50 Cent's biggest fan.)
- Chip thinks Otacon's codec messages which overlap with gameplay means that Otacon is actually trying to Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 4 himself.
- When Snake is running through a hallway late in the game, remembering various lines already said by other characters, one of said lines is Snake's own "you were the lightning in that rain" comment. Chip interprets that one as Snake remembering things he's said that he's embarrassed about and wishes he could take back.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment:
Chip: (having just shot an enemy) "Oh, he thought he could dodge my bullets. (Beat) The baby."
- On two occasions during the Uncharted Let's Play, a baby called Logan wanders into the room and remarks that "there's something under this bed!"
Ironicus: "You're not Neo, you're just a pirate!"
Chip: "I'm talking about the baby. He thought he could dodge my bullets. I'm shooting at him right now."
Ironicus: "With a silencer, clearly."
- During the Metal Gear Solid 2 Let's Play, where at different points during the game the video loses focus from the actual game to him playing a demo of a Cabela's hunting game. It tends to happen when Rose addresses Raiden as Jack (the main character of the Cabela's game is also named Jack).
- Critical Research Failure: In Rogue Warrior #1: SNAFU, Chip and Ironicus claimed that the game was made by 'Zombie Studios',note Mickey Rourke won an Oscar,note and that the game was a budget game and was released for $30.note
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Chip's dad (aka Dad Buster) wandered into the recordings of No More Heroes and rambled about Star Trek and immediately stole the show. Since then, Chip has shared many anecodotes relating to his father (for example, watching Chip play MGS3 and thinking it was Harry Potter).
- Ironicus admitted to liking Mil, because he looks like "that one Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic self insert character."
- Ironicus states repeatedly how much he loves Con and Mask de Smith in Killer7, as well as Travis (thanks to being the only Remnant Psyche that even remotely tries to make sense) and Yoon-Hyun (because of the double bird he's always giving you, bolo tie be damned).
- Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising. Both Ironicus and Chip both actively wonder how a solo DLC starring him would be insanely awesome and Chip seems to regard him as one of the better bosses in the game.
- P-Star, to the point where the duo believe that the Greater Galactic Coalition came from a timeline where P-Star was never created, causing humanity to become corrupt due to the lack of a P-Star to guide them.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- While making fun of Nathan Drake's Kleptomaniac Hero tendencies, Chip imagines Drake finding a Canadian penny and claiming it to be valuable treasure. A few months after that video was released, the Royal Canadian Mint took the penny out of circulation, and thus, given a decade or two, it will be a rare treasure!
- At one point in MGS3, Chip mentions that he wishes you could throw porn magazines rather than having to place them. Nearly four years later, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance comes out and lets you do just that with the similar-in-concept photo frames.
- In the same LP, Chip says that "People in Metal Gear, they have special spines... Nanomachines." And then came Revengeance.
- During the LP of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Snarkcookie notes that Big Boss aims with the eye that he lost, so Chip jokingly proposes that he has a "Phantom Eye" that can see. A couple of weeks later, The Phantom Pain was announced, and was later revealed to be the next title with Big Boss in it.
- Magnum Opus: Chip considers Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be his best LP. The fans agree, but are also quick to list 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Ironicus' personal choice, although he first added Revengeance and just said it because he'd mentioned it earlier in an interview), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and The Wonderful 101.
- Memetic Badass, Memetic STD God: Sully, oh so much. Early in their first Uncharted LP, Ironicus says that he's so well-hung and so infirm that he can only get an erection through industrial equipment, including a pulley system. Lampshaded early on in the Uncharted 2 LP.
General Ironicus: Sully's already the best thing in this game and he hasn't even shown up yet!
- gregsky39 instantly became one after Watch_Dogs #4 due to he/she outsmarting and defeating Chip with little effort.
- Most Wonderful Sound: Chip's laughter.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- In No More Heroes, the last couple of "Bitter" fights have weird (and deliberate) audio problems, and the two eventually start saying things indicating that the apocalypse is coming.
- The magic skull seemingly Mind Raping Chip into doing things he normally mocks.
- The final video of the Duck Dynasty LP, simply titled "jl", which takes the form of a "lost videotape". It is the purest form of Mind Screw and Uncanny Valley... at least, until the very end.
- They Just Didn't Care: Chip's LP of Rogue Warrior has noticeably less effort compared to his previous work, with several deaths left in and a sloppier pace. Given what he's playing, though, and the fact that the LP was done for a "bad games" thread rather than being given its own thread, it's perfectly understandable. It could be argued that Chip put in just as much effort as the developers did.
- Tough Act to Follow: Defied. Chip decided to play Bladewolf's campaign before Jetstream Sam's, even though the latter was released first, because Bladewolf's campaign was subject to this trope in Real Life.
- Yoko Oh No: Averted with Ironicus' wife, who has never appeared in an LP and is only occasionally mentioned, allowing Chip and Ironicus to continue their bromance despite the latter's marriage.