- Ass Pull: The "Heir of Hufflepuff" twist comes completely out of nowhere, with no Foreshadowing whatsoever.
- Canon Defilement: Lots of it. Some examples are that the blank dungeon wall that is the entrance to the Slytherin common room is instead a portrait of a couple by a lake, and that Occulumens and Legilimens are called "Mind Mages" in this fic.
- Designated Hero: Holly. She's never called out for anything questionable she does and anyone who does is made out to be wrong.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Applied to Draco, Blaise, and even Tom Riddle, of all people. In fact, pretty much all the Slytherins end up as this, being portrayed as "misunderstood." The canonical Death Eaters get this as well: apparently, most of them were forced into serving Voldemort. Yes, even the members of his inner circle.
- Ron the Death Eater: Also applied to Ron, Hermione, the Weasleys, and Gryffindors in general (Fred and George being exceptions because it's mentioned in the fic that they could've been in Slytherin, which makes them fine by the fic's logic). Oliver also gets this treatment in the first Quidditch match, where he cheats and slams into Holly to prevent her from getting the Snitch even though he always canonically played a fair game. The Quidditch match basically makes the Gryffindors out to be the cheaters instead of the Slytherins.
- Even Minerva McGonagall gets a bit of this, because the fic characterizes her, the teacher who took 150 points from her own House in the very first book, as being biased against Slytherin.
- Snark Bait: Just look at the sporking of it.
- Mary Sue: Holly Potter.
- Black Hole Sue: Almost all her friends ever seem to do is worry about her and step in to do things for her. They're never shown with their own motives unless they're related to Holly in some way or another.
- Fixer Sue: She never makes the same mistakes Harry does.
- God-Mode Sue: Inexplicably strong "Mind Mage" powers, telepathy, and the ability to block spells without a wand are just the tip of the iceberg.
- Jerk Sue: She can be downright nasty at times, but never gets called out for it.
- Possession Sue: Considering that she's supposed to be the Distaff Counterpart to Harry, she turns out like this.
- Purity Sue: Is supposedly kind, intelligent, delicate, and wise beyond her years.
- Relationship Sue: For Blaise.
- Sympathetic Sue: The Dursleys' abuse is increased tenfold in this fic, thus giving her an opportunity to Wangst about it.
- Wangst: Holly can get a bit...melodramatic, to say the least, in her inner monologues.