- Ensemble Darkhorse: Taichi is really popular, to the point that some consider him to be one of the main draws of the show.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Chihaya/Taichi, mainly due to Taichi being an Ensemble Darkhorse and Arata, well, not there most of the time. Shinobu/Arata is quickly getting popular too since their first on-screen interaction.
- Foe Yay: Technically most of them can consider any of each other rivals, but this dynamic is most visible in cases of Shinobu/Arata and Shinobu/Suoh. And Shinobu/Chihaya.
- Les Yay
- Chihaya shows considerably more affection for the female teammates than the male ones. When a classmate asks her who in the karuta club would she date, Chihaya cheerfully responds, "Kana-chan!".
- Chihaya also has a huge, mostly rivalry, but often expressed like a romantic one, obsession on Shinobu, and Shinobu reciprocates interest to some degree.
- One of Megumu's teammates seems to have a crush, or at least a very strong Romantic Two-Girl Friendship for her. And later the same playeris gushed about by the excited Chihaya as 'a perfect gentleman' and apparently seen by her as a sort of a White Prince.
- OT3: On Archive of Our Own, the most popular pairing is actually Chihaya/Arata/Taichi, which handily solves the love triangle while also resolving the strong (and, especially on Taichi's end, complicated) feelings between the two guys.