- Awesome Music: "This next one... is the first song... on our new album... It just came out this week... and the song is called...SURRENDER!" At Budokan is pretty commonly referred to as their best album for a good reason.
- The closing chorus to Surrender, "We're all alright!" gets even more awesome at live shows when the crowds join in.
- Estrogen Brigade: Listen to At Budokan to hear just how popular these guys were with Japanese teenage girls.
- Face of the Band: The band's lineup has pretty much stayed same for the most part.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: "ELO Kiddies" from the first album is a playful send-up of Gary Glitter. A couple decades later, kiddies would become something of a career-killer for Gary.
- For bonus points the very next song, "Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School", is about a pedophile.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: While the band is one of small few 70's power pop bands to maintain critical acclaim and moderate success with their new releases in the US (2009's The Latest being especially warmly received), the band has been absolutely massive in Japan since their debut album and have only seem to have grown in popularity since.
- Memetic Mutation: Bun E. Carlos' chain-smoking. The band even once made a t-shirt featuring him with a cigarette in his mouth.
- Replacement Scrappy: Jon Brant replacing Tom Petersson on bass during The Eighties
- Rick's son Daxx replacing Bun E. on drums since 2010 live.