- Complete Monster: Norose Genichi is a sneering, arrogant maniac with a god complex who specializes in the Mind Rape of young girls. Operating as The Chessmaster to get the heroes, superpowered beings called Gigalomaniacs, to do what he wants to further his ends, Norose also destroyed one's sense of self to make him break down. It also revealed he experimented on another's family, using her mother as a test subject in creating matter from artificial delusions. He forced a woman who had lost her baby to have a new one from her delusions until he decided he'd gotten enough information and ended the experiment, causing the woman to lose her mind and stab her eyes out, which Norose found quite amusing. While Norose claims he is a Well-Intentioned Extremist, he is nothing more than a petty tyrant with a god complex seeking to enact his designs on a world he sees as having no point by hurting those in his way.
- Idiot Plot: Most of the plot consists of Takumi trying to get away from everyone who could help him due to his paranoia.
- Jerkass Woobie: Takumi isn't made out to be the most appealing protagonist; he's an antisocial, cowardly otaku who at first is really only concerned about maintaining his lifestyle. At the same time he's put through a fair amount of trials, accused of murder, and pretty much thrust into plot pretty forcefully. Not to mention finding out he's a delusion.
- Moral Event Horizon: Norose's treatment of Nana when Rimi comes to rescue her. You can only really go downhill from there.
- Paranoia Fuel: The fact that the main character is paranoid, everything is seen from his perspective and he is not real