- Anticlimax Boss: Ripper, despite the buildup to Buffy's confrontation with him, is really not up to much as far as fighting goes.
- Anyanka is even worse, you can kill her with a single hit if you use a bottle of hellfire.
- Badass Decay: In his initial appearance on the show, Kakistos was so tough he could shrug off a regular old stake and it took a freaking support beam through the heart to put him down . Here, anything pointy will do the trick.
- Demonic Spiders: The general mooks of the game are this. Since vampires, and demons, can only be killed by something holy, fire or being staked it means every single enemy is immortal unless you're carrying the right weapon. Many levels start your characters off without so much as a stake, meaning that, with the exception of Willow, every single character can be killed off by the very first enemies of their levels if they don't locate a weapon fast enough.
- Foe Yay: Many vampires display an interest in whichever character you're playing. Especially towards Xander.
- Game Breaker: Willow once she learns the shield and homing missle spells. She can kill anything but bosses in one hit and doesn't even need to aim.
- Les Yay: Numerous comments are made about Tara and Willow's relationship. Willow calls her sweetie, discuss playing doctors and nurses with her, and as a vampire Tara will refer to Willow as a domme.