YMMV: Chainmail Bikini
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Almost certainly one of the reasons this comic didn't work out and inspired so much Dude, Not Funny! as opposed to DM of the Rings is that, separated from the connection to Lord of the Rings with its characters and story people were familiar with, the gaming group came off less as a parody/commentary on gaming tropes and bad gaming and more just a group of people being complete dicks to each other.
- Freud Was Right: Ramgar the Barbarian, with his mighty spear Silvershaft, is pretty much the personification of phallic imagery.
- Moral Event Horizon: Well, as close as you can get in a comic about a gaming group, anyway. A lot of readers really didn't like that Casey let someone else take over another player's character without permission—in fact, despite that player explicitly telling him not to allow it.
- What an Idiot: Casey is extremely slow on the uptake. He could have easily stopped the party from bypassing the goblin cave, for instance, if he weren't so stuck in his original plan.
- What Could Have Been: Sadly, the comic was not finished. The website contains some author notes on how the story would have ended.