YMMV: Castle of Shikigami
aka: Shikigami No Shiro
- Ho Yay: Almost everything Roger says in the third game is a not-so-thinly veiled come-on to his "best bud" Kohtaro.
- Parodied with the Roger and Munchausen team-up. Their dialogue can be heard here.
- On the other end of the spectrum, Mihee and Reika's team-up scenario ends with Mihee straight out declaring she'll take Reika as her wife, with Reika putting no more opposition than a complaint that she doesn't have the legal age to drink yet when invited to.
- Macekre: When the first game in the series was released in the U.S., it was released under the title Mobile Light Force 2, with the implication that it was a sequel to a completely unrelated game (said game being Gunbird). The same localization team got a chance to do things right with Shikigami II, and that time they left the characters and setting intact, though still with a very dodgy translation.
- Memetic Mutation: I like girls, but now... It's about justice.
- Narm: Shikigami 2 has Resident Evil-caliber voice work and a translation that renders its dialogue all but incomprehensible. The results are comedy gold.
- So Bad, It's Good: Shikigami 2's astonishingly poor localization and dubbing have earned it something of a cult following, even among people who have never played the game.